I cannot believe how much I loved this dish. For my personally, I liked it even more than your regular lasagna. By choice, I'm not a HUGE meat eater and I am especially not a fan of meat sauce. For this I purchased my ingredients at trader joes, so a lot of what I used was actual trader joe's brand which also may have made a difference just to note. I cannot wait to make this dish again, it was such a hit with my family!
- 6 large zucchini
- 1 (16-oz.) container ricotta
- 3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. marinara
- 1 c. grated mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400°. Slice zucchini lengthwise into ⅛” thick strips, then place strips on paper towels, sprinkle salt on them, and cover with another paper towel to draw the water out for a half-hour.
- Make ricotta mixture: In a small bowl, combine ricotta, 1/2 cup Parmesan, eggs, garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara onto the bottom of a 9"-x-13” baking dish. On each slice of zucchini, spoon a thin layer of sauce, spread ricotta mixture on top, and sprinkle with mozzarella. Roll up and place in baking dish, packed together tightly.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Bake until zucchini is tender and cheese is melty, 30 minutes.