I cannot stop thinking about this amazing lemon bread I whipped up today. I was having a really bad craving for the Starbucks lemon bread and who knew I was going to top it with this recipe.
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp backing powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350, grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and 1 1/4 cups sugar, add the softened butter and blend until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (I used my KitchenAid for this). Stir in the lemon zest.
- In a small bowl add eggs and beat lightly with a fork add milk and mix until combined, then pour the mixture into the flour mixture until flour is moistened.
- In prepared loaf pan add the batter and bake for 1 - 1 1/4 hours (or until tooth pick comes out clean). Cool then move to a wire rack.
- In a small pot add the 4 1/2 tsp of lemon juice and 2 Tbsp of sugar, over medium heat stirring constantly bring to a boil until thickened. With a pastry brush, brush the syrup over the top of the bread.
I hope you love this, like I do!